The oklahoma nurse publication
View the Oklahoma Nurse Publication
Submit an Article Oklahoma Nurse Archives
Submission Guidelines and Deadlines
2023 Submissions Deadlines
- Second Quarter Issue - March 24, 2023
- Third Quarter Issue - June 23, 2023
- Fourth Quarter Issue - September 22, 2023
This quarterly publication is electronically distributed to all Registered Nurses, LPNs, and Student Nurses in Oklahoma.
- Include: Suggested title, authors, author affiliation, ONA membership status, and appropriate references pertaining to the content of the article.
- APA Style (7th ed), "Running Headers" are not required.
- Sub-headings are expected where indicated and tables/illustrations are encouraged to summarize key points as appropriate.
Photographs should be of clear quality and in a digital format with an appropriate resolution for printing.
- Black & white photographs are preferred but not required.
- Submit images with the correct name(s), place/event, date, and descriptions.
- Images are not guaranteed to be run even if submitted.
Space limits: Due to space limitations, the following lengths are strongly recommended. While ONA will make every effort to publish articles in their entirety, ONA reserves all editing rights prior to publication.
- Feature articles: 500 to 750 words preferred, exceptions may be granted to 1,000 word max.
- Research articles: 1,000 to 1,500 words; exceptions may be granted to 2,000 word max.
- Regular Reports: 500 words (Chief Executive Officer, President and others)
- All other submissions: 250 to 500 words, content dependent, please include a clarifying statement if you are submitting an article exceeding these guidelines, such as a special report on Mortality or Board of Nursing Annual Report.
The Oklahoma Nurses Association thanks you in advance for your contributions to our official quarterly publication. As per our agreement with HeC/ALD Publishing, ONA owns the rights to all articles and images published. If you have any questions, please respond via email or phone to the office.
Interested in being an advertiser? For advertising information, visit: HeC/ALD Publishing or call 800-626-4081