The Oklahoma Nurse - The Official Publication of the Oklahoma Nurses Association
The Oklahoma Nurse - Quarterly Publication | Arthur L. Davis Publishing: Excellence in Publication Award
The Oklahoma Nurse Quarterly Publication
2018 Submissions Due:
This quarterly publication is distributed to all Registered Nurses, LPNs, and Student Nurses in Oklahoma.
Deadlines: Manuscripts are due on the first monday of January, April, July, and October for consideration of publication in the following respective issue. Below, please read the revised submission guidelines.
Email a word processing document to email@example.com; file extensions should be *.doc, *.txt, or *.rtf.
- Include: Suggested title, authors, author affiliation, ONA membership status, and appropriate references pertaining to the content of the article.
- APA Style (6th ed, 2010), "Running Headers" are not required.
- Sub-headings are expected where indicated and tables/illustrations are encouraged to summarize key points as appropriate.
- Photographs should be of clear quality and in a digital format with appropriate resolution for printing.
- Black & white photographs are preferred but not required.
- Email images with the correct name(s), place/event, date, and descriptions.
- Images are not guaranteed to be run even if submitted.
Space limits: Due to space limitations, the following lengths are strongly recommended. While ONA will make every effort to publish articles in their entirety, ONA reserves all editing rights prior to publication.
- Feature articles: 500 to 750 words preferred, exceptions may be granted to 1,000 word max.
- Research articles: 1,000 to 1,500 words; exceptions may be granted to 2,000 word max.
- Regular Reports: 500 words (Executive Director, President)
- All other submissions: 250 to 500 words, content dependent, please include a clarifying statement if you are submitting an article exceeding these guidelines, such as special report on Mortality or Board of Nursing Annual Report.
The Oklahoma Nurses Association thanks you in advance for your contributions to our official quarterly publication. As always your support is appreciated. If you have any questions, please respond via email or phone to the office.
Interested in being an advertiser? For advertising Information, visit : Arthur L. Davis Publishing Agency, Inc . or call 800.626.4081
Arthur L. Davis Publishing: Excellence in Publication Award
The Arthur L. Davis Publishing Agency, Inc. proudly announces a $1000 award to be awarded to the ONA Member who submits the ‘most excellent’ manuscript for publication inThe Oklahoma Nurse. This Award is offered in celebration of the agency’s 26 successful years in publishing and to affirm nursing. The award will be presented at the Awards Banquet and the manuscript printed in a future issue of The Oklahoma Nurse.
Manuscript Submission Guidelines:
- The manuscript must be an original, scholarly work addressing topics of interest to readers of The Oklahoma Nurse. Examples of topics: Integrative literature reviews, clinical topics, evolving/emerging professional issues, and analysis of trends influencing nurses and nursing in Oklahoma.
- Manuscripts must not exceed 15 double spaced pages and must conform to APA guidelines.
- Manuscripts must be received in an email as an attached word processing file by September 1st to be considered. A cover sheet listing author (s) name, credentials, membership status, address, and work and residence telephone numbers and email address must be included in the coversheet and in the text of the email. The author (s) name must not appear anywhere else on the submission.
- The topic must be relevant to nurses/nursing in Oklahoma and provide new insights and/or a contrarian view to promote debate and discussion.
- Ideas must be supported with sound rationale and adequate documentation.
- If the manuscript describes a research project, quality initiative, or organizational change process, methods must be appropriate and participant confidentiality protected (as indicated).
- The manuscript must be grammatically correct, organized, and submitted according to guidelines to be considered.
Manuscripts must be accompanied by a statement signed by each author indicating 1) the manuscript is NOT being considered for publication in any other journal; 2) the manuscript WILL NOT be submitted to another journal until notification of acceptance or rejection is received from the Oklahoma Nurses Association; and 3) willingness to sign a copyright release form upon publication of the manuscript in The Oklahoma Nurse.
Submit Manuscripts to the Oklahoma Nurses Association via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.