Whatever your nursing passion may be,
the Oklahoma Nurses Association (ONA) can help you connect with your peers
locally and across the state. Becoming involved in your professional
association is the first step towards creating your personal career
satisfaction and connecting with your peers. Now, ONA has made it easy for you
to become involved according to your own preferences.
Through ONA’s new member-driven Region
and Chapter structure, you can join a chapters or create your own chapter based
on where you live or work, type of practice or shared interests where you can
reap the benefits of energizing experiences, empowering insight and essential
GET INVOLVED WITH A REGION OR CURRENT
Click here to view a list of current
ONA Chapters and Chapter Chair along with contact information for the leaders
of these groups. Connect with the Region Leader or Chapter Chair to find
out when they will hold their next Chapter meeting!
CREATE A NEW ONA CHAPTER
Interested in creating an ONA
Chapter? Below are the steps we
recommend you follow to create a NEW ONA chapter. If you have any questions,
contact the Candice Black, Communications Director at ONA (email@example.com; 405-840-3476).
1. Obtain a copy of ONA bylaws and the ONA policies.
2. Gather together a minimum of 5 ONA members who share similar interests.
For sustainability It is recommended that Chapters have 10 or more members.
3. Work with Region Leadership
4. Select a chapter chair.
5. Identify and agree upon chapter purpose. (Chapters may not compete with
statewide nursing specialty organizations)
6. Decide on chapter name.
7. Submit a roster of members to the ONA office that ONA staff will use to
verify as current ONA members.
8. Complete the Chapter Formation application to become a chapter of the
Region and ONA. Information to be submitted includes the following: Chapter
chair name and chapter contact information including an email; Chapter name;
Chapter purpose; Chapter roster.
9. The application will then go to the Membership Development Director who
will discuss with the Region Leader and forward it to the Board of Directors.
The Board will approve or decline the application and notify the applicant of
Click here to view the Region and Chapter Guidelines.